Wednesday, August 06, 2008


Well, Heidi, I think we are ready to take over the world.

Afficionados of "Pinky and the Brain" will know that the mission of Brain and Pinky is to take over the world. With the amount of gear we have, I think we are ready, too.

Maril and I are headed to our beautiful Nauyuk camp tonight. Hopefully we have less encounters with Chewy this year, but we are well prepared either way.

Maril: "Let's take stock. I think we are almost ready. We have two boats, two helicopters, and two shotguns. We pretty much have the army, navy, and air force."

Heidi: "Indeed. We also have a generator, solar panel, a week worth of food, and 3 coffee crisps. I think we're good to go. Not to mention 130 L of fuel. Holy crap. How are we going to transport 130 L of fuel?"

The answer lies in the dual helicopter strategy. We are using two helicopters - one will sling most of our equipment and the second will take Maril and I and Mark. That way there is also two helicopters for when we are flying over water. The weather is not exactly prime......we have also packed all of our puffy clothing, but with any luck we'll get a couple of nice days.

Maril: "It's fine, I'm sure it's fine. I packed extra cookies."

See you on the flip side, everyone....we should be back online in a little under a week. Take care,

Dr. Evil and Pinky

No comments: